Re: Mildly-OT-not-really: Stascom utility software

Kevin Cussick

Hi, thanks very much for this. I will try this later I have been wanting Nvda to have this feature for a while. unmuting the sound card when it starts this might do what I want.

On 18/09/2016 17:56, Jacob Kruger wrote:
A Connection that some of you might know, from the NVDA add-on mailing
list, Jacques Stassen, has created a piece of utility software for help
with regards to certain aspects of later versions of the windows
operating system, initially focusing on maintaining volume levels,
avoiding muting of audio output, etc., and we have now made a plan to
offer download links for the documentation, and the software package
itself - and, there are also a couple of ways to contact the developer
via either a contact form on the webpage, or via a link in the
documentation - see below the list of features/details:

• Supported operating systems: Windows 7 and Windows 10, both 32 and
64 bit.
• Constant monitoring of default sound card mute status, disabling
mute as to prevent sound loss.
• Monitoring default sound card master output volume level as to not
fall lower than 20 percent.
• Ability to set day / night volume levels, output volume levels and
time of day / night configurable.
• Hotkey to display name of sound device, master volume output, name
of recording device and input level, quick access button to mixer settings.
• Hotkeys to increase and decrease master output volume levels,
ascending and descending audio tones to indicate new level.
• Announcement of time on the hour, all 24 hours configurable.
• Password generator, generating unique password with each keystroke.
• Word count feature to determine amount of words when text is
selected in any edit field.
• Hotkeys to empty trash, switch between favourite, unread or all
folders, and switch profiles in Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail client.
• Hotkey to generate summary of all program settings.
• Ability to enable or disable all automated functions.
• Once installed, press control+Windows+F1 to open help documentation
for description of all features.

http://www.blindza.co.za/stascom/index.php

And, like I stated/mentioned on that webpage, I have been running this
on a couple of machines for a little while now, and have been providing
some forms of feedback to the developer as well, but, it's definitely
worth installing as far as I'm concerned.

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA