Re: Shortcut commands stopping working in NVDA

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 07:49 PM, Don H wrote:
If this is a hardware issue why does restarting NVDA fix the issue?
-
This could be coincidental.  Sticking keys often "unstick" on their own.

There are things that can be done for process of elimination.  And let me make clear, I am not saying that this behavior is a hardware issue at the outset.  Just that it very well could be, and there are things that can be done, "dual and dualing" keyboards being something that can help to figure this out.  If the issue disappeared without restarting NVDA after pulling the primary keyboard, that would help to narrow things down.  Remember, if you have two keyboards and a key were to be sticking on either one, the machine would still be getting the input from the stuck keyboard.

All in all, this is a major detective effort.

Yep.  Discipline.  Accountability.  Joy.  Fun.  Responsibility.

That's what life is about.  And in that order.

        ~ Liza Minnelli