Re: Shortcut commands stopping working in NVDA

Gene

Sticky keys in this context, I don’t know how else the term may be used, is caused by a screen-reader somehow causing a key to get stuck on, but not because of the keyboard.  I don’t know if JAWS still has the problem, but years ago, it had a sticky key problem.  It referred to the problem as sticky keys.  It appears that NVDA may have one now.

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Shortcut commands stopping working in NVDA

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 06:54 PM, Gene wrote:
If it turns out to be keys getting stuck, that may lead to a solution.
-
Gene,

Before I say what I'm about to say, I want to preface it with this contribution is greatly appreciated, at least by me.  This is a great diagnostic to undertake.

With that being said, if the root cause were traced to literal sticky keys, the solution is getting a new keyboard.  There is nothing that the developers of NVDA could or should do about sticking keyboard keys.

Yep.  Discipline.  Accountability.  Joy.  Fun.  Responsibility.

That's what life is about.  And in that order.

        ~ Liza Minnelli