Re: Shortcut commands stopping working in NVDA

Gene

That’s good to know.  I should have searched for a ticket but the problem has been arounde for a long time and has been discussed so little that I didn’t.

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 8:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Shortcut commands stopping working in NVDA

Hi,

It appears one of the NVDA add-on authors may have found a solution to the "stuck key" problem:

Specifically, according to the pull request (the second link), when NVDA watchdog finds itself stuck, it will attempt to recover itself, and in the midst of it, keyboard modifier state is not checked, leading to stuck keys. This should be resolved now in latest alpha development snapshot, and the fix for this proboem may or may not become part of NVDA 2021.2.

Cheers,

Joseph