Re: Shortcut commands stopping working in NVDA

Curtis Delzer

But, Gene is pointing out a behavior which has nothing to do whatever with anything truly "sticking" in the real world, but only in the electronic one. Jaws does this where it believes a given control or alt key gets stuck in the past, where I've fixed it by pressing the added key which jfw always indicated was stuck, when in fact, if it were mechanically stuck I'd hear either repeats of the control key, or alt key, or interrupted speech because my synth would be interrupted by a real sticky mechanical action. :)
Tapping the "stuck" key usually fixed the action in JFW, I'll try and see if it fixes NVDA, but I doubt it.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@calweb.com

On 7/21/2021 4:33 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 06:54 PM, Gene wrote:
If it turns out to be keys getting stuck, that may lead to a solution.
-
Gene,
Before I say what I'm about to say, I want to preface it with this contribution is greatly appreciated, at least by me.  This is a great diagnostic to undertake.
With that being said, if the root cause were traced to literal sticky keys, the solution is getting a new keyboard.  There is nothing that the developers of NVDA could or should do about sticking keyboard keys.
Yep.  Discipline.  Accountability.  Joy.  Fun.  Responsibility.
That's what life is about.  And in that order.
        ~ Liza Minnelli