Re: Compatibility of EnhancedPhoneticReading AddOn?

David Griffith

I emailed the developer several weeks ago to ask for it to be updated  in the then upcoming NVDA release but got no response at all so I suspect it has actually been abandoned.

As you say we were lucky that Rui Fontes stepped into the breach to update it.

As it essential for Hearing impaired users of NVDA like myself I strongly believe this is a case where this functionality should be incorporated into the core of NVDA to assist deaf blind users to prevent vulnerability to breakage in the future.

David Griffith

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 22 July 2021 18:05
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Compatibility of EnhancedPhoneticReading AddOn?

I'm reviving this topic for one reason only, this particular add-on is, from all appearances, entirely "home grown" as it does not appear on the Community Add-Ons page nor on the Add-Ons Compatibility Page (which includes some non-official add-ons as well).

Rui Fontes has provided a modification for compatibility with NVDA 2021.1 here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/q75mnyttr34zjpm/EnhancedPhoneticReading_0.5a2_Gen.nvda-addon?dl=1

Anyone who might happen to know how to contact the original developer of this add-on should do so to determine whether he or she is still maintaining it, and whether he or she has any intention of doing an update to the original source for compatibility with NVDA 2021.1.  I have no idea who created or is maintaining this add-on, but responsibility for ongoing maintenance falls to them or their successor(s).
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

Yep.  Discipline.  Accountability.  Joy.  Fun.  Responsibility.

That's what life is about.  And in that order.

~ Liza Minnelli

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.