Re: Lock Screen

kelby carlson

Yes, I am a single user and am wondering how to go directly to the
desktop from waking up from sleep mode. I also learned of a message to
edit the setting in the group policy editor, but I didn't find the
setting where the instructions said it would be.

Are you asking how to log in directly to the desktop on a Windows 10 machine
that has a single user?

If you have more than one user you'll never avoid the lock screen as this is
where the choice of user you're logging in as is made.  I've previously
posted the instructions to avoid the need to enter your password on the lock
screen in order to log in, and will gladly do so again if that's what you're
asking about.

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's never
enough to keep up.
         ~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in
the Universe"