Re: accessible streaming services

Lino Morales

Well their is YouTube TV, Sling TV, and ATT TV. Now I can't speak as far as the web interface to Sling and ATT TV, but YouTube TV works fine with NVDA. Now if you can't receive your local channels their is a service called LOCAST which is available in 35 markets here in the US as of last week. That for now is best used on the web. They only ask for a $5 monthly donation since they are a non-proffit.

On 7/28/2021 1:14 PM, Ame wrote:

Hi all!  I’m suddenly running into some problems with Hulu that they insist on blaming on NVDA.  I’ve used nothing but NVDA since I’ve had Hulu and, up to now, I’ve not had a minute’s trouble.  The issues I’m encountering have nothing to do with my speech.  Screen readers don’t stop playback last time I checked.  But, I digress.  Forgive my frustration.  Lol I also have  Philo and I have no trouble with it.  I’m looking for accessible alternatives to Hulu.  My main concern is that I want my local tv channels.  Any help anybody can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ame