Re: NVDA AND WINDOWS 11

Arlene

I say, if it aint broke then don’t fix it.  I know there is a way to not allow windows 11 to come if you don’t want it.  I know when I had my old windows 7  and ten came out. I knew there was an option for it. I didn’t take it because I wasn’t sure if that windows 7 box can handle ten.  I’m going to do this. I’ll google to see if Microsoft is going to push us to get this windows 11 updates. If so, we should find out how you can have the option to have it if you choose it. If you choose not to have windows 11 then we should find out how to choose not to have it. I did get a notification for windows update 2 weeks ago. I heard nothing about updating to windows 11.  I’m going to find out if you can opt out of the update if you don’t want it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Shaun Everiss
Sent: July 28, 2021 1:41 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA AND WINDOWS 11

Well I wish microsoft wouldn't do this especially with those that can't get it its gwx all over again.

All of my users by myself can't get this new update and I have half a mind to simply not bother getting it at least till I get a second system that will run it and one of my users gets the update at least.

At least not for the moment.

I still want windows 10 feature updates so don't want to block windows 11, but if I am the only one able to get windows update to 11 and with all the user account goings on under home, it looks like for now its either load win11 home, login and get my pro licence and then whatever or login, make a local, switch to that and kill the online account signin or install windows 10, create the account offline then install 11.

Unsure as a gamer and general user if its worth getting windows 11 at least right away.

On 29/07/2021 2:15 am, Nimer Jaber wrote:

Hello,

I've seen reports of this. Please ignore the notification for now. It seems to be just a tease for the upcoming version. Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/o9lwht/notifications_teasing_windows_11_again/ where a few users are discussing this.

Thanks

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 6:52 AM Nicholas Stevens <Nicholas.Stevens@...> wrote:

Not at all. I found my latest message under my notifications.

Kind Regards

Nicholas Stevens

Administration Assistant

Two Oceans Aquarium, Dock Road, V&A Waterfront

Tel: +27 (0)21 418 3823 | Direct:  +27 (0)21 814 4560