Re: No sound with NVDA 2020.1 in a Windows 10 VM

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 10:55 AM, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:
I'm absolutely fine with using the latest version, I just assumed if
they were not offered on the above mentionned website it's because they
have not yet been fully internationalised or localised?
-
To my knowledge, NVDA itself is "ready for prime time" in all languages when it is released.  Language localization is part and parcel of the product itself.

If I'm incorrect, I'm sure one of our regular readers who's "on the inside" at NV Access will correct me.  But I know of virtually no products that offer language localization that are ever released without whatever languages they have translations for being a part of the package.  You can pretty much check this out yourself if you look at the install directory for NVDA after you have installed it.

Right now the install directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\NVDA
Under that folder is the locale folder which you can tell by the names of the folders are the language localizations.  There is an FR folder there, along with 72 others.

Yep.  Discipline.  Accountability.  Joy.  Fun.  Responsibility.

That's what life is about.  And in that order.

        ~ Liza Minnelli