Re: object enhancer addon

Rui Fontes

Sorry!

I think that is very strange!

What language is your NVDA?

Rui Fontes

Às 21:23 de 29/07/2021, hurrikennyandopo ... escreveu:

Hi rui

There was a add on that you gave but it came up in dutch I think some one said when installed onto my computer of which I speak english.

I think i also tried a second one that was provided thinking it would come up in english and when you opened the help for it it spoke in a another language not english.

Gene nz

On 30/07/2021 8:18 am, Rui Fontes wrote:

Have you downloaded the version I made available?

Rui Fontes

Às 20:36 de 29/07/2021, hurrikennyandopo ... escreveu:

Hi

For a work around to use this add on I thought there would be a few people that speak english that would like to try it but it comes up in dutch when installed. I do not know what to do to make it come up in English so done the below work around and or pointed to the add on and english documentation in my drop box account.

If some one knows how to do it please do when it get installed it comes up in English.

*Object enhancer add on for NVDA

Object Enhancer
• Author: Babbage B.V. info@...
Object Enhancer allows you to change how NVDA announces objects on the screen using an intuitive interface. It can be used to change the label of an object, but depending on how you’re using it, has functionality to change basically any property of an object.
Changes to an object are saved in a definition. A definition contains:
• Criteria that have to apply in order for the definition to match
• Attribute changes that will be applied to every object that matches the definition
• Optional relationships with other definitions. A definition can inherrit criteria from other

You can obtain a copy of it for NVDA 2021.1 from my drop box account at https://www.dropbox.com/s/wld98w3bv5s2l9i/object%20enhancer.zip?dl=1

The add on is in Dutch and if you do the following on the installed version of NVDA you can have it in English. Press the Windows key, then arrow to all apps, then NVDA, then NVDA user configuration, then press the Enter key. Locate the addons folder, then locate the object enhancer folder, then press the Enter key.
Locate the Doc folder, there will be 2 folders inside of it. Locate the Nl folder then copy the readme.html file. Go back one step and locate the En folder and paste it in there. It should override the other readme file. Now when you bring up the help section in the addon, the first part will be in Dutch and the rest will be English.

For a portable version do the following. If it is in the NVDA folder, locate the user configuration folder, then press the Enter key. Locate the add ons folder then press the Enter key. Locate the object enhancer folder, then press the Enter key. Locate the Doc folder, then press the Enter key. There will be 2 folders inside of it. Locate the Nl folder, then press the Enter key and copy the readme.html file. Go back one step and locate the En folder and press the Enter key and paste it in there. It should override the other readme file. Now when you bring up the help section in the add on, the first part will be in Dutch and the rest will be English.

*Please note

If after that has been done and you hear NVDA speaking in another language, use the NVDA key + Ctrl key + the letter V. Next, tab down until you hear NVDA say Automatic language switching (when supported) and uncheck that box. Save your settings, then open the add on help section. The first part will be in Dutch and the rest will be in English.
If you do not want to do the above, there is an English text file which you can read within the zip file.

On 27/07/2021 3:06 am, falkogiepmans@... wrote:
To be quite honest, we forgot that we had this add-on made. My own boss asked me the other day to look into a functionality to label objects in NVDA as they can do in JAWS, turns out we already had something on the table :).

I'll give it some love where needed, since it would be tremendously useful for our own work as well. If anyone has a pull-request that it wants to push then I will look into it.

Kind regards,
Falko