Re: Problem with NVDA Verbosity using MS Outlook

Luke

Hello, I’m a little late here, but if you want a keyboard shortcut to make Outlook work faster and not deal with all that nonsense, this is what I do.,  Press NVDA+ n to bring up NVDA menu, hit right arrow on preferences and arrow down to input gestures, arrow down to document formatting or press D for first letter navigation, then arrow right to expand, then arrow down to until you hear toggles on the reporting of tables and arrow right to expand. Then  Make your input gesture for the keyboard shortcut. So next time you are in Outlook and are in a message and NVDA is giving all that verbosity and slowing things down, press the keyboard combination you made as a input gesture. If you want reporting of tables back on, press the keyboard combination again. Good luck! By the way I am using Outlook 365.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rena
Sent: July 28, 2021 1:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Problem with NVDA Verbosity using MS Outlook

Hello,

I’m new here, and I have a problem and a question, please.

When I open any message in MS Outlook, mixed with the text I hear table, out of table, link, out of link, line, row, graphic, and so on. I find difficult to read messages with all this description.

What can I do to hear only the text of a message? Thanks for any help,

Rena