locked Re: Intel or AMD: does the processor make a difference to NVDA

Gene

I hope techs comment on this, agreeing or not.  Screen-readers aren’t resource hogs and they don’t require fast processors.  My understanding is that if a computer runs well in general, it will run well with a screen-reader.

However, the newer synthesizers that require more resources and aren’t as responsive as the older ones may require discussion.  My impression is that people generally use the newer less responsive synthesizers for listening to documents and they use older responsive synthesizers such as Eloquence for work.

From: Arlene
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2021 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Intel or AMD: does the processor make a difference to NVDA

Hi, I am not sure if I’m a good help. I know with Jaws you need a faster processor I  could be lying. Not sure about NVDA. I know Jaws is a resource hog. I’m not sure anymore.  It depends on what you are going to do with your computer.  If you are going to do radio shows using a computer. Yu do need a fast processor.  If you are going to play games or record shows then you may need a faster computer.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10