locked Re: Intel or AMD: does the processor make a difference to NVDA

Well having both both are fine.

Amd do get regular non whql drivers so you do get the latest so there is more chance for your version being compatible with the latest version of windows however at the same time you can bump into a version not compatible and causing issues but probably good if you are an insider maybe its certainly faster.

Not that intels are bad or anything.

After spectre amd seemed to be the more secure but at least right now its hard to get a nonbranded unlocked amd system and mostly its intel in local stores anyway.

On the other side, unless you use an old a class generation or gen1 ryzen microsoft is more leniant towards amd as an upgrade path.

My at least 4 or now 5 year old amd 2nd ryzen will make the upgrade path while all intel units below 8th gen will not so an amd system does have the advantage.

Also while intel has tpm amd at least mine has in conjunction to tpm their own security module called sp10 and also has an actual processer devoted to security so there's that.

On 5/08/2021 2:51 pm, Gene wrote:
I just checked.  this is about an eleven year old Windows 7 laptop in what was then a moderate price range, about $500.  The processor is a 2.51GHZ unit.  The minimum requirement for JAWS is a 1.5GHZ processor.  .

Gene