Re: Issue With Thunderbird And Account Settings In A Recent Update

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

Well its almost American Football time so as they say in the NFL 'upon further review,' in an attempt to see what was going on in my account settings in Thunderbird, I switched from browse mode to edit mode with insert + space bar. I then used the tab and what do you know, with one back tab, I landed on a fully accessible tree view which I could then navigate with up/down arrow keys and access the various items with tab and shift tab.  This is new behavior, but you get the proper results once you realize what you have to do.

BTW, the proper ports for GMail are 465 for SMTP and 995 for pop/imap.

On 8/5/2021 10:40 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

In an attempt to help a person on another list, I wanted to see what port configuration was used by Gmail, I think it is 467 and 995, but I wanted to be sure. In any case,  when I go to tools/account settings, something has changed with a recent version of Thunderbird. There used to be an accessible tree view for each account you had set up which you could access by using the up/down arrow keys and the tab and shift + tab keystrokes. Now when I access the account settings, all  that is visible is one element of a tree view that does not read a name and then an HTML type interface that is largely unusable.

Has anyone else tried to manually edit their account settings recently and have you experienced this issue? If so, is there a solution?  Thanks for any help.
--
Signature: