Re: Issue With Thunderbird And Account Settings In A Recent Update

Gene

I suspect the problem is that you are in browse mode or that the virtual pc cursor is active, depending on your screen-reader.  When I am in an interface like this where I can’t vfind what I should find, I check to see if I can turn off browse mode in NVDA or the virtual pc cursor in JAWS.

Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2021 9:40 AM
Subject: [nvda] Issue With Thunderbird And Account Settings In A Recent Update

Hi Group,

In an attempt to help a person on another list, I wanted to see what
port configuration was used by Gmail, I think it is 467 and 995, but I
wanted to be sure. In any case,  when I go to tools/account settings,
something has changed with a recent version of Thunderbird. There used
to be an accessible tree view for each account you had set up which you
could access by using the up/down arrow keys and the tab and shift + tab
keystrokes. Now when I access the account settings, all  that is visible
is one element of a tree view that does not read a name and then an HTML
type interface that is largely unusable.

Has anyone else tried to manually edit their account settings recently
and have you experienced this issue? If so, is there a solution?  Thanks
for any help.

--
Signature:
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!