locked Re: Tips on using windows10

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hi good people:
I've just successfully upgraded my laptop computer to windows10.
But the system still appears very difficult for me to understand and navigate.
I attempted to install some downloaded programs includdddinnng NVDA,
but each time I attempted, windows defender prevened th installation.
I attempted to install the apps, but windows defender prevented the
installation. I was prompted to restart my computer, aaaaandwhen I did
aaaall the downloaded programs I atteempted tto install, all
disappeeeaaarred.
On the other hand, I cannot open the flash drive where I have these
programs backed up. I cannot find the computer icon or my computer on
the desktop.
So, my questions are: how can I open the fllaaasssssssh
drrrivvvveeee,,,, aaaaaand ssseeeeccccoonnnndlyyyyy,,,,
hhhoooooow ccaaaan I prevent windows defender from preventing
mmmmmeeeee frrrromm installing the apps. or how can I remove windows
defender.
Hope my questions are very well understoodddddd.... I am currenly
using narrator to access the computer.
I'm sorry about the bad typing of this mail. I am typing it on my
phone, using a bluetooth keyboard. I just don't uunnnnndeeersttand
wwwhyyy ssssooome letterrs appear many times and some get missing.
Thanking you in advance for your help.
Ibrahim.

On 8/2/21, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
Hi

The following page from off my website might help.

These were some of the things I changed on my windows 10 computer.

The link to this page is
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20windows%2010.html

<http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20windows%2010.html>

Jump down by a few heading until you get to the tutorials as the earlier
stuff is where to get nvda etc.

Gene nz

On 2/08/2021 11:44 pm, Ibrahim Ajayi wrote:

I'm just about to upgrade my laptop computer to windows10 from
windows7, and I have no knowledge about this operating system windows10.
So, my questions are these: how is the layout of the operating system.
Is it like that of windows7 or XP. what about the desktop, how is it
laid out. Then the user section where you have the folders like
documents pictures music control panel and all that: how are they laid
out. Then, are there any new features in this operating system that
are not found in windows7? then what about the start menu: how isit
laid out. How does one launch a program.
I am asking all these because I am a layman, as far as windows10 is
concerned.
Hope to get some help as always.
Kind regards.
Ibrahim.