Re: Resource: Youtube Video From Thee Quinn: How to Use Microsoft Access With NVDA: Part 1

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 11:03 AM, tim wrote:
You know its interesting just how far and how much its lost with JFW and its access with Microsoft office products have dropped.
-
I honestly have no idea how to interpret this statement.

I've been around JAWS since JFW 10 (I think, it might have been 9) and I have seen nothing but an upward trend in accessibility for MS-Office programs, with the exception of MS-Access, on the whole.

I'd say, in fact, that accessibility in general, across the board, has been on nothing but an upward trend with the occasional (and really frustrating) one step back after multiple steps forward.  And most of those steps back do not seem to be the result of intent, but because of either an actual bug or because a given screen reader maker is not keeping up with changes Microsoft is making.  There are very few changes to Microsoft software that are not announced, and even development versions made available, well in advance of their actual release.  The last time I witnessed big screen reader lag was at the introduction of Windows 10 back in 2015, and almost all of it was because the screen reader software was not updated in a timely manner for something known to have been coming for some time in advance.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.