Re: Choosing default applications by file extension is tedious. Any better approaches?

Strange, the arrow keys work for me, and I can also search for a file extension. My problem is that I can't seem to change the app for that extension. When I press space or enter on the choose a default button, nothing seems to happen.

On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 7:08 PM Luke Robinett <lukelistservs@...> wrote:
In the Windows 10 settings dialog to assign default applications by file extension, you are presented with a massive list of file extensions but no convenient way to scroll through them. I’ve tried the arrow keys, page up, page down, home and end but it seems the only mode of navigation is the  tab key. Considering this list contains hundreds of entries, this is extremely tedious and impractical. Is there a better way of accessing these file extension settings, perhaps through a third-party app or directly editing the underlying config file, wherever that lives? Thanks.