Problems With NVDA and Windows10

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hello:
I've come to discover since I upgraded my laptop from windows7 to 10,
that the computer has not been responding to commands instantly.
When I launch a program or a website, it takes a very long time for it
to start. Even when I am typing it sometimes takes some seconds for
the characters to appear.
I don't know if this is a problem with the NVDA screen reader or it is
a problem with the operating system windows10.
I don't understand why this is happening. I didn't have this problem
at any time with windows7 or even XP.
I suspected at a time that the various security installations were
causing the problem, and I disabled windows defender. But this has
still not solved the problem.
So, what can I do. Has anyone had this problem before?
Thanking you in advance for your help in this regard.
Ibrahim.