Re: Code Factory Voices no longer working?

Clement Chou

Essentially, that's correct. If your copy was activated and is
suddenly unable to connect to the server, the only options you get
will be to buy it again or try and activate it. You can't retrieve a
license that's on the server because to do anything involving
authorization, the addon has to verify using the server. So it's a
self defeating system, basically.

On 8/11/21, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@gmail.com> wrote:
So when this happens, is there no way to deactivate for instance,
Activation1, back to the server? Thus you lost Activation one when these
server problems happen?

Gera

El 11 ago 2021, a la(s) 10:11 a.m., Clement Chou <chou.clement@gmail.com>
escribió:

It's back up now, I just reactivated myu software, but always good to
keep a backup solution handy in case the server crashes again. I would
buy other voices, but this addon is the only one that has the
languages I need, at least that I know of. More's the pity.

On 8/11/21, Clarissa Mitchell <MusicGirl712@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh boy! I finally got enough money in my PayPal account and I was
going to buy this add-on for NVDA from AT Guys. Then I see this
thread! Is the server still down, or is it back up by chance?

On 8/11/21, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@gmail.com> wrote:
Or in my case, I kept my registration key in my emails. However created
folder for important stuff like this which syncs across all devices.

On 11 Aug 2021, at 04:26, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@gmail.com> wrote:

Try going into where you'd activate the license; when I had to update
my
Code Factory license upon updating the addon with 21.1, the edit field
where I'd have to type in my license key, was filled already with this
info. So I copied and pasted it for safekeeping in a "NotePad" file.
Then
when it came time (after updating NVDA, and the Code Factory addon), I
just copied and pasted the info back into the edit field. Good luck!

Gera

El 10 ago 2021, a la(s) 3:59 p.m., Rosemarie Chavarria
<knitqueen2007@gmail.com> escribió:

I saved the email that has all my info on it. That way if I need to
reactivate my license, I don't have a problem with it.

On 8/10/2021 1:42 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Well that would depend where you got your info from.

If its for atguys you could probably ask atguys support, its
probably
in
your order history somewhere.

I have always kept things backed up but you can ask atguys for your
download info and keys again.

Not sure about the service because it still shows as active here but
that doesn't mean anything it simply means the software didn't have
an
issue when it phoned home yet.

On 11/08/2021 7:52 am, Clement Chou wrote:
Woke up this morning to find Code Factory voices asking me to
re-enter
my registration or activate a trial... and when I clicked try just
see what happens it says there was an issue activating my license
and
to make sure I had a working internet connection. Anyone know what
the
deal with this is? Also seem to have somehow misplaced my
registration
info, so need to figure out how to find it. thanks.

.