Re: A point to consider about Eloquence

Peter Beasley

I used to use Elloquence until I upgraded to Windows7 when the version of Kurzweil1000 was not compatible. What I would llike to know, have they improved Elloquence so that it doesn’t keep dropping down in pitch when you get a lonb piece of text without any punctuation.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: mattias
Sent: 14 August 2021 16:22
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A point to consider about Eloquence

but the sapi5 version dont support audiogames

Den 13 augusti 2021 23:43:16 skrev benmoxey@...:

Hi everyone

Josh makes an important point regarding the SAPI5 version of Eloquence and there  being no difference with responsiveness/quality etc. Another important feature to consider is that you can use the SAPI5 version with other Windows applications, such as Narrator.

Basically, if you just want to use Eloquence with NVDA, the add-on is great value because you get the additional Vocaliser (human sounding) voice. The purchase also supports NV Access. :)

If you want to use it with Narrator etc, buy the SAPI5 version.

All the best.

Ben

14 Aug 2021, at 12:18 am, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

I own the sapi5 eloquence from codeFactory and I also own the addon. I don't see any difference with responsiveness because they are both equally very responsive and fast. The sapi5 one is better because it just works with no addon required.