Re: How should I read the parameter information of each method in Visual Studio?

Luke Robinett

Good catch! I’m a Visual Studio user as well and it would be handy if this feature was screen reader accessible. Another long-standing issue which I have discussed in the past is when navigating an IntelliSense menu in the code editor, instead of just hearing the selected item as you arrow up or down, you hear the entire line of code and then the menu item each time. This makes the feature almost useless.

On Aug 4, 2021, at 9:07 AM, Rowen Cary <manchen_0528@...> wrote:

I use C# to program, and I want to know how to read the parameter information of each method. Visual Studio has a shortcut key, Ctrl+Shift+Space or CtrL +k, p which is useless for me. When I use the above shortcut When you press the key, NVDA will only read "Ready", but using the up and down arrows does not read the given parameter information. Is this a bug in NVDA? Microsoft has related tutorials. The following is a link. After you open it, you can press the letter H to find the relevant instructions about the parameter information, However, it is useless for me, and perhaps more accurately, it is useless for NVDA.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/ide/using-intellisense?view=vs-2019

I very much hope that NVDA can do this and look forward to your reply.