Re: MathPlayer broke NVDA and Firefox.

John Isige

Well, I just created a portable copy and told it to run it when it was
done. That didn't fix anything, so I doubt reinstallation will either.

On 8/16/2021 11:21 AM, John Isige wrote:
So because I was posting about MathPlayer, somebody said they didn't
want to install it because the last time they did and uninstalled it,
it broke NVDA, it wouldn't "pick up" Chrome. Then somebody said you
could use the Access Math addon without MathPlayer. I figured I'd kill
two birds with one stone and uninstall MathPlayer to see what
happened, and try the addon.

Well, it indeed broke things. When Firefox comes up initially I get
the normal read of the address bar, but whenever it loads a page I get
"unknown", and silence with tabbing.

Please read carefully!

I have run the com registration tool. Twice. I have restarted. I have
UAC turned off and it must have run with admin rights because it
didn't ask for anything and said it finished.

My next idea is to generate a portable copy with all addons,
uninstall, and then reinstall from the portable copy. But I'm not sure
if that will work because I have no idea what's broken. anybody have a
fix for this?