Re: MathPlayer broke NVDA and Firefox.

Tyler Spivey

I'm tired of helping people fix this issue. NV Access is responsible for the situation they created by supporting MathPlayer, and they should be responsible for getting you back up and running again.
They've known about this issue for years, but refuse to do anything about it once and for all.

However, start here:
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/71405

On 8/16/2021 9:21 AM, John Isige wrote:
So because I was posting about MathPlayer, somebody said they didn't want to install it because the last time they did and uninstalled it, it broke NVDA, it wouldn't "pick up" Chrome. Then somebody said you could use the Access Math addon without MathPlayer. I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and uninstall MathPlayer to see what happened, and try the addon.
Well, it indeed broke things. When Firefox comes up initially I get the normal read of the address bar, but whenever it loads a page I get "unknown", and silence with tabbing.
Please read carefully!
I have run the com registration tool. Twice. I have restarted. I have UAC turned off and it must have run with admin rights because it didn't ask for anything and said it finished.
My next idea is to generate a portable copy with all addons, uninstall, and then reinstall from the portable copy. But I'm not sure if that will work because I have no idea what's broken. anybody have a fix for this?