Re: accessible uninstaller that works with NVDA

Gene

that’s an illustration of the importance of giving details at the outset such as the program and the specifics of the problem.  I often see people ask how to do something without giving specifics which change the nature of the discussion once known.  It may be that the program will require sighted assistance to uninstall.  Antimalware programs make themselves difficult to uninstall because malware often tries to remove them.

Also, when it comes to antivirus programs, what I said about not worrying about uninstalling programs doesn’t apply.  antivirus programs shouldn’t be allowed to accumulate on machines.

Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 8:58 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible uninstaller that works with NVDA

Hi all:

The program is called web route security suite, which was included with the protection plan of my computer I bought three years ago. I did not purchase it again because it was too expensive, however, it constantly gives me alerts about how it needs to be updated, which is why I want it uninstalled. When I try to uninstall it, it gives me an edit box, which I am not able to type because it is not accessible.

On Aug 17, 2021, at 8:40 AM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:

 Hi Betina,

Try the following to uninstall your problem program.

1.  Open the run dialogue with windows key + r.
2.  type the following:
shell:appsfolder
and press enter.

This will open an old style programs and features type interface familiar to users of Windows 7 and earlier.
It is in a Windows explorer Window.
3.  use up/down arrow keys or first letter navigation to highlight the name of the problem program.
4.  use the context menu windows context key or shift + F10) to bring up options for the program.
5.  If this is not a program native to Windows, one of them should be uninstall.
6.  Press enter on the uninstall item and follow the prompts.

see if this enabled you to uninstall the program.

On 8/17/2021 9:12 AM, betina vega wrote:
Hi:

Thank you for your response. But I have a program that I’m not able to uninstall for some reason.

Sincerely,
Betina Vega

On Aug 17, 2021, at 5:42 AM, udit pandey mailto:udit52805@... wrote:

hi,
if you are using windows 10
then no need for anything
On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 at 15:54, betina vega <betinavega93@...> wrote:
Hello:

Thank you for allowing me to join this group.
My name is Betina, and I am a piano teacher living in the United States.
i have a question regarding program uninstallers.
Would any of you have a recommendation for an accessible program uninstaller?
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Betina vega

--