Re: accessible uninstaller that works with NVDA

Jackie

The problem w/this particular program, all, is that the uninstaller
has a frickin captcha. Aint that special!

This tool is designed to nuke Webroot, but, if it doesn't work, please
be advised, Betina, that Brian Vogel, our moderator, is sighted. He
has a business helping w/problems like this and many others.
Yes--he'll charge something--& I don't know what his rates are, what I
do know is that he will not overcharge you. I'm pretty certain it will
be a simple job using NVDA remote to control your machine and remove
the bloatware. He is well familiar w/the procedures for removing such
software, so if connections cooperate, I can't see it taking too long.

I once had a problem I was gonna ask him to help me with.
Unfortunately, he was on vaycay, and I figured it out by time he
returned, but,, should the need ever arise again, I would ask him
unhesitatingly to help me. & no--I have no affiliation w/him, except
for just being a friend of his. But please understand I don't make
recommendations of this sort lightly.

It actually might be something to try before using the tool, because
the tool is rather a method of last resort. Having thus said, Mcafee
has such a tool, and I was able to use it to uninstall their software
just fine. But they were not so stupid as to have a captcha. I am a
bit concerned that if the uninstallation is botched, your computer
won't boot into normal mode, and this really creates problems for us
if we're not set up to boot into safe mode beforehand. So that's why
I'm saying, tool or no tool, you might wish to request Mr. Vogel's
help privately.

If you decide to go w/the tool, then I would suggest that you set your
computer up to boot into safe mode (with networking support)
beforehand.

On 8/17/21, Jackie McBride <abletec@...> wrote:
Hello, Betina, and welcome on list.

Please try this:
https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=7&app=vw&vw=1&solutionid=1034

Solution obtained from:
https://www.lifewire.com/uninstall-webroot-4773653
in case you're hesitant to click a link.

I had that program when I brought my computer back from Best Buy after
having it repaired. I had trouble uninstalling it too so I called the
Microsoft disability line and they helped me get rid of it.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows