Re: accessible uninstaller that works with NVDA

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 11:53 AM, Jackie wrote:
The problem w/this particular program, all, is that the uninstaller
has a frickin captcha. Aint that special!
-
Jackie,

Think about what Webroot actually is and it's no surprise that a Captcha is used by the uninstaller.  It's just another way to prevent "bot uninstallation" without human intervention.  It's a security measure to keep a security program from being nefariously uninstalled by automated means.

Also, so you can hate me, I am so over complaints about modern Captchas, almost all of which do offer an accessible alternative to their solution.  They were horrible accessibility roadblocks, and for those rare sites or products still using "Early Generation" captchas, they still are.  But I have solved captchas, eyes closed, with audio challenges on more than one occasion, and that's the most common alternative.

Captchas of most modern sorts should be accessible.  They will pose challenges for those who are deaf-blind or who have significant hearing impairment if it cannot be addressed via hearing aids, but there are limits to anything that is intended to force human intervention of some sort.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.