Re: Don't Want To Hear nvda Say "menu item"

Sarah k Alawami

Can you do everything in focus mode? This might get rid of the menu problem.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2021 2:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Don't Want To Hear nvda Say "menu item"

John,

Since I don't have a Roku account, I can't explore whether there are any accessibility settings you may be able to turn on for this page.  I suspect if there are you will have a significantly "decluttered" experience.

Even the things being announced as menu items aren't really menu items in the conventional sense of the term, but I can see why they are designated as such since they're graphics showing the shows with play buttons associated with each and you are making a selection.  It's certainly a type of menu, but not a "menu as we all know them" menu.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.