Zoom app verbosity is too aggressive. Any way to adjust?

Luke Robinett

I have gone through all the zoom accessibility settings but it’s basically a case of on or off. My challenge is that zoom screen reader output seems to be tagged as alert, meaning it’s very pervasive and interrupts anything you are doing even when the app isn’t in focus. Is there a way to remedy this, perhaps with some third-party add-on. Should I place a feature request? To be clear, I appreciate that zoom is making such an effort to be accessible, but the way they’ve done it gets very overwhelming, at least for me. Thanks