Re: Outlook Training Error

Sarah k Alawami

Actually I can’t get it to work either. I press alt p which brings me to an options tab but pressing b does not a thing here. And I’m doing this from this message window I’m writing in.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Smart
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2021 3:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Outlook Training Error

Yes, I do Tab and Shift+Tab around to see if BCC has appeared or disappeared. It doesn’t seem to appear.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: August 30, 2021 4:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Outlook Training Error

On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 03:50 PM, Chris Smart wrote:

While editing a message such as this one, ALT+P does indeed open the Options ribbon, but B doesn’t seem to do anything.

-
Not having the entire context, I cannot absolutely say whether or not there is an error, but I doubt it.  When in the Compose window, ALT + P, B, toggles the presence/absence of the BCC field as one of the edit boxes available for putting addresses in.  The default setup is only to show To and CC.

Focus is not thrown to the BCC field when you toggle it on (or off, as it would disappear then) so NVDA is not announcing anything.  You'd have to navigate back to it before it were to be announced.   That might be worth noting in the training material, since it is the exception, not the rule, that focus doesn't land in the BCC field at all when you toggle its presence on.

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.