Re: Outlook and NVDA

Mobeen Iqbal

AHi.

Try the following. Press alt so you're on the ribbon. Press the applications key or shift F10, and make sure collapse the ribbon is not checked. If it is, press enter so it is not checked.

In theory, that should solve your problem and enable ribbon keystrokes to work. It's also important to make sure you're not on the ribbon when you type them. For example in word, you'd do alt F, followed immediately by I, followed by P to protect with a password. You would not tab or shift tab whilst typing the command.

Very best  wishes,

Mo.On 31/08/2021 19:08, Chris Smart wrote:

The more I work through the NVDA training for Outlook, the more I think I must have something wrong with my Outlook installation, because so many of the instructions involving the ribbons don’t seem to work as expected.

Here’s an example.

To create a new folder, press control+shift+e. To create a folder using the ribbon, press alt+o then n.”

The initial keystroke, control+shift+e, works just fine. The instruction immediately following doesn’t appear to do anything beyond going to the Home ribbon.

I’m using Outlook version 16.0.14326.20216, the latest NVDA, 2021.2 beta 1, on windows 10.

What might I be doing wrong?

As far as I know, I haven’t altered any of Outlook’s defaults or changed much, beyond adding and using two email accounts through it.

Thanks for any help with the above. I want to sort this out before continuing through the other training modules I’ve purchased.

Chris