From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Smart
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 7:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Outlook and NVDA

The more I work through the NVDA training for Outlook, the more I think I must have something wrong with my Outlook installation, because so many of the instructions involving the ribbons don’t seem to work as expected.

Here’s an example.

To create a new folder, press control+shift+e. To create a folder using the ribbon, press alt+o then n.”

The initial keystroke, control+shift+e, works just fine. The instruction immediately following doesn’t appear to do anything beyond going to the Home ribbon.

I’m using Outlook version 16.0.14326.20216, the latest NVDA, 2021.2 beta 1, on windows 10.

What might I be doing wrong?

As far as I know, I haven’t altered any of Outlook’s defaults or changed much, beyond adding and using two email accounts through it.

Thanks for any help with the above. I want to sort this out before continuing through the other training modules I’ve purchased.

Chris

Avast logo