Re: Outlook and NVDA

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Chris,

I just tried out the two commands here and they work fine.

I tried alt- o followed by n and this failed when I pressed each key separately. Is it possible that you are not holding down the alt key while you press o? When I tried it that way, it failed. So, the alt key must be held while the o is pressed.

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Smart
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 7:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Outlook and NVDA

The more I work through the NVDA training for Outlook, the more I think I must have something wrong with my Outlook installation, because so many of the instructions involving the ribbons don’t seem to work as expected.

Here’s an example.

To create a new folder, press control+shift+e. To create a folder using the ribbon, press alt+o then n.”

The initial keystroke, control+shift+e, works just fine. The instruction immediately following doesn’t appear to do anything beyond going to the Home ribbon.

I’m using Outlook version 16.0.14326.20216, the latest NVDA, 2021.2 beta 1, on windows 10.

What might I be doing wrong?

As far as I know, I haven’t altered any of Outlook’s defaults or changed much, beyond adding and using two email accounts through it.

Thanks for any help with the above. I want to sort this out before continuing through the other training modules I’ve purchased.

Chris

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.