The other thing I did work out was that you can go back to the "Classic Ribbon" if you prefer - press alt to move the focus to the ribbon, then press the applications key, as Mobeen suggested - but then select "Use classic ribbon".

Meanwhile I'll see if I can find this other option....

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 4:43 AM Chris Smart <ve3rwj@...> wrote:

Hi.

Yes, I am not new to computers and do know that one must press modifier keys in conjunction with the key which they modify.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: August 31, 2021 2:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Outlook and NVDA

Chris,

I just tried out the two commands here and they work fine.

I tried alt- o followed by n and this failed when I pressed each key separately. Is it possible that you are not holding down the alt key while you press o? When I tried it that way, it failed. So, the alt key must be held while the o is pressed.

All the best,

Cearbhall