Re: Use of ASCII codes

Giles Turnbull

Hi all, I am puzzled, because I get an upper case E acute with ALT+0201, and a lower case one with ALT+0233. What I do notice that I hadn't noticed before, is that when I type those characters in Notepad and cursor up or down to them, NVDA just says "e" but if I use the left or right arrows to get to the character than NVDA will say "e acute", beeping for the capital version.

When I try the ALT+130 code that others are talking about, I get a ""single low quote,"" which I assume is the German style of opening quote mark.

This is the website that I use to remind myself of ALT codes for accented letters if I need them:
http://usefulshortcuts.com/alt-codes/accents-alt-codes.php

Giles