Re: Use of ASCII codes

Quentin Christensen

Looks like there might be one or more issues here.  If anyone would like to sit down and work out what is going on, please do feel free to write up an issue at: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues

(I just can't promise I have enough time to investigate it fully today).

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 1:36 AM Giles Turnbull <giles.turnbull@...> wrote:
Hi all, I am puzzled, because I get an upper case E acute with ALT+0201, and a lower case one with ALT+0233. What I do notice that I hadn't noticed before, is that when I type those characters in Notepad and cursor up or down to them, NVDA just says "e" but if I use the left or right arrows to get to the character than NVDA will say "e acute", beeping for the capital version.

When I try the ALT+130 code that others are talking about, I get a ""single low quote,"" which I assume is the German style of opening quote mark.

This is the website that I use to remind myself of ALT codes for accented letters if I need them:
http://usefulshortcuts.com/alt-codes/accents-alt-codes.php

Giles

--
Quentin Christensen