Can't update NVDA

Ann Byrne

I have tried to update NVDA both using the update feature in the menu and downloading/installing the newest version. I get an error message either way, stating that a file is in use and the update fails. I can't find NVDA in my listed programs, so I can't uninstall it. There are no NVDA folders in appdata. there is another user profile on my computer, but that user hasn't logged on since before covid, and wouldn't use NVDA if he were.

Where do I find the offending file, or how can I override this error?

thanks much,

Ann