From: Ann Byrne
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2021 3:40 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Can't update NVDA

I have tried to update NVDA both using the update feature in the menu
and downloading/installing the newest version. I get an error
message either way, stating that a file is in use and the update
fails. I can't find NVDA in my listed programs, so I can't uninstall
it. There are no NVDA folders in appdata. there is another user
profile on my computer, but that user hasn't logged on since before
covid, and wouldn't use NVDA if he were.

Where do I find the offending file, or how can I override this error?

thanks much,

Ann