locked Re: A History of ETI Eloquence

Gene

I don’t see any reason to use rate boost.  You can get the synthesizer to speak at ;perhaps 500 words per minute or faster without it.

Sent: Friday, September 03, 2021 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] A History of ETI Eloquence

I'm surprised the eloquence code still runs anywhere. Do you suppose it
will break for Windows 11, when everyone updates to 64-bit only? Does
anyone have the current source code? In any case, thanks for the
fascinating article. It seems to be the speediest synth we currently
have access to, unless you count ESpeak-NG with the rate boost. So good
work for that. I find the rate boost adds weird distortion, does anyone
else notice this? Or did I miss something.