How do people deal with websites that have a lot of images and graphics, which cause the screen reader to slow down

Khalid Anwar

I was wondering how people do on webpages which  have a lot of images and graphics, myself i fine them quite difficult to navigate because I always find that NVDA slows down significantly, although interestingly I don’t seem to have the same problem with narrator.
I was wondering what might be the best way to deal with these, is there any way to get NVDA to skip over graphics and images completely just ignore them?