Re: How do people deal with websites that have a lot of images and graphics, which cause the screen reader to slow down

Richard B. McDonald

The problem is more likely your browser and not your screen reader.  As for the browser, I use Firefox.  In it, “reading mode” (F9) seems to get rid of useless graphics.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Khalid Anwar
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2021 5:28 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] How do people deal with websites that have a lot of images and graphics, which cause the screen reader to slow down

I was wondering how people do on webpages which  have a lot of images and graphics, myself i fine them quite difficult to navigate because I always find that NVDA slows down significantly, although interestingly I don’t seem to have the same problem with narrator.

I was wondering what might be the best way to deal with these, is there any way to get NVDA to skip over graphics and images completely just ignore them?