Re: Is there a way to assign numbers to open tabs, and then jump to a tab by pressing its corresponding number

Gene

I don’t know what you mean by do this in Windows.

You can look for an add-on but I think it would be redundant.  Moving through tabs is a browser function and not within the pervview of screen-readers.

I don’t know if any other prohgrams use tabs in this way and have the movement commands browsers do.  I’ve only seen this discussed in the context of browsers.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2021 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is there a way to assign numbers to open tabs, and then jump to a tab by pressing its corresponding number

Actually it would be nice if we could do this on windows itself, navigate between our alt tabs with numbers or alt numbers or what not. Is theerr an nvda add on we can use to do this? Or is there a native windows function nvda supports to do this?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, September 6, 2021 12:14 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is there a way to assign numbers to open tabs, and then jump to a tab by pressing its corresponding number

This has nothing to do with NVDA.  What you want to do is a browser function.  Are you opening multiple tabs?  To be sure, follow a link with control enter.  That will open the link in a new tab.  I don’t know what you are doing but if you do that, it will open a new tab.  Then if those are the only two tabs opened, you can move between them with control 1 and control 2.

I don’t know about the other programs you are discussing. 

Gene

-----Original message-----

Sent: Monday, September 06, 2021 1:37 PM

It doesn’t seem to work for me in Microsoft edge, I wonder if you have to open the tabs in the same window.

I also don’t think it works with web apps like Microsoft XL or teams app.

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to do this in NVDA itself?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.