Re: NVDA documentation

Jonathan COHN

So this works the same way essentially as JAWS's touch cursor if I am reading your description correctly. JAWS does have an "advanced touch" cursor mode that treats up/down/left/right almost identically to how NVDA does object navigation.
Thanks, this is quite useful to know.
Jonathan C. Cohn

On Sep 8, 2021, at 08:29, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Quentin is the one who looks after documentation these days, and I sometimes look at user guide.

The flattened view refers to moving to the next or previous object regardless of object navigation hierarchy. For example, you can move from an object to its child, then to the object's sibling, then to the object next to its parent and what not. This was implemented to support object navigation via touchscreen gestures where you can move among objects on the screen regardless of relationship.

Cheers,

Joseph