Clock add-on 21.09 and other add-on updates #addonrelease

Hello everyone,

Another good news on top of release of NVDA 2021.2: more add-ons have become compatible with NVDA 2021.1 or later. Among these are MP3 Direct Cut, Say current keyboard language, Day of the week and a few others. If y9ou happen to be using Add-on Updater, you can now install updates to these add-ons.

Speaking of add-on updates, Clock version 21.09 was just released. This is a significant update in that it modernizes add-on internals. More importantly, starting from this release, NVDA 2019.3 or later is required. This is just the beginning – I’m working on a more significant release that will not only change the internals a bit, but will also introduce big changes to Clock settings interface, quiet hours definition and others; this big release is scheduled for sometime later this year (likely November), and you can subscribe to dev channel to receive development builds for the next release.

One more thing: I’m finalizing the October 2021 releases of most of my add-ons. Due to internal changes, most of my add-ons will now require NVDA 2021.2 or later, especially if you are planning to use Windows 11 with NVDA.

Enjoy the new add-on updates.

Cheers,

Joseph