Re: Speech being interrupted when I pan to the next line on braille display

Jujube

That's what I'm getting at actually.

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 4:41 PM Christopher Kchao <cskchao@...> wrote:
Hello,
Unfortunately, toggling this option does not appear to change the behavior where Braille is concerned. During any time speech output occurs and a user presses a panning control on their Braille display, the display refreshes to reflect the change, but speech is silenced. This behavior also persists regardless of the Braille tethering setting.

Best,
CK

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 2:11 AM Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
In NVDA's keyboard settings (Press NVDA+control+k to open those directly) there is an option to "Allow skim reading in Say All".

If on, certain navigation commands (such as quick navigation in browse mode or moving by line or paragraph) do not stop Say All, rather Say All jumps to the new position and continues reading.

That sounds like it might be what you are after.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 2:38 AM Jujube <ellaxyu@...> wrote:
Hi everyone, This is a small annoyance I discovered literally just now but I notice that when I pan to the next line on my braille display, NVDA stops reading. I tried using say all but braille display panning interrupts say all. I wonder if there's a configurable setting for that? If not, I understand. Thanks for any help.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager