Re: Turning Off Braille Translation

John J. Boyer

Hello,

Go to the Braille tables and pick the english U.s. 8 dot computer Braille table. i have done this so I could read things that have already been translated to Grade 2.
You may find that the files are in brf format with dot 7 on most of the time. I had to write a program to remove it from some brf files that I wanted to read from BARD.
Let me know if you want further heolp.

John

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 09:38:45AM +0100, H l wrote:
Hey everyone,

Just a quick question. How do I turn off automatic braille translation in NVDA? I want to read some stuff on www.grade3braille.com <http://www.grade3braille.com> , but it advises people using braille displays to turn the translation off. I can’t find it in the NVDA settings though.

Thanks,

Harmony.

--
John J. Boyer