Re: Windows tool or NVDA command to convert a image in to text

Rui Fontes

Hello!

NVDA+R have the inconvenient of only reading what is on the screen.

I am developing an add-on to recognize image files like FineReader does...

It is based on NAPS, wich is based on Tesseract OCR.

It is working for Windows 10 64-bit.

If you want to test, it is available at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7403kwrr0uicmt7/NAPS2tesseractOCR_1.0_Gen.nvda-addon?dl=1

Any comments and suggestions are welcome to rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team

Às 23:20 de 16/09/2021, Dave Grossoehme escreveu:

Good Afternoon:  What is the key stroke or add on to use with NVDA to change a image into text in order to read information from a PDF? I thought the numpad incert key + r activated this in windows 10. I guess I was wrong.  Can someone help.  I'm using Adobe reader d. c., but I received the document but it say's graphic for each page.  I was thinking I could change this.

Dave