Re: Issues with number presentation and beeps

Gene

There is no NVDA setting to do this.  If it can be done, it is a windows setting related to sounds being played through the soundcard you like.  These NVDA sounds are wave files and I don’t know if you can tell windows to play wave sounds through a specific device.  And that would affect things such as wave files in general, if you listen to audio in the form of wave files such as music you have digitized in the wave format and you will hear Windows sounds through the same place as your synthesizer.

Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2021 9:15 PM
Subject: [nvda] Issues with number presentation and beeps

Is there another setting regarding NVDA sounds such as the beeps for
progress or forms mode? They stayed in the Windows audio instead of my
other headphones when I changed the output location of the
synthesizer. Is there a place to set how numbers are spoken, such as
getting the "and" out of the speech? Cannot find these in settings.
Thanks,
Nance