Re: Issues with number presentation and beeps

Gene

I had thought the NVDA speecch dictionary might solve this problem.  That may not be the case according to a very little bit of experimentation I’ve done.  You may have to use the speech dictionary in the synthesizer itself.

From: Gene
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2021 12:09 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Issues with number presentation and beeps

it’s the speech synthesizer that determines whether and is spoken.  NVDA doesn’t insert it.

Others may have the knowledge to discuss if there is a way to eliminate it when a synthesizer inserts it by using a regular expression in the NVDA speech dictionary.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2021 11:51 PM

I was afraid of this...  Now, what about my issues with the way numbers are spoken, as in my most recent message?
Thanks again,
Nance