Re: Problem with Office and NVDA

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 12:59 PM, Kelly, Kathleen wrote:
*Dell Inspiron 3505
Device name DESKTOP-9ECR6D3
-
The fact that the device name includes, "DESKTOP," on a laptop unit is peculiar.

I would really suggest, at this point, that you start from scratch, and by that, I mean really from scratch, starting with a completely clean reinstall of Windows 10 (which has the added advantage of getting rid of Dell bloatware).  If you don't want to go quite that far then, at the very least do a Repair Install using a freshly downloaded copy of the ISO file.  Nuke McAfee before doing either one.  Windows Defender is top-tier software and far less likely to cause interaction issues.

Doing a Completely Clean (Re)install of Windows 10 Using Media Creation Tool to Fetch the Win10 ISO File

Doing a Completely Clean (Re)install of Windows 10 Using Media Creation Tool to Create Bootable Win10 Install Media on a USB Thumb Drive

Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

All three of the above download as docx files.  If you wish to try the Repair Install, then you would have the ISO file already if you reached the stage where you wanted to do a completely clean reinstall, so you could jump to the step after having downloaded it.

If you were to wish to do a completely clean reinstall of Windows immediately, then I'd create the bootable media directly to the USB drive using the Media Creation Tool.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.